Eve Brown Property Services - Checkout Standards
- In order to ensure your "move out" is conducted in an efficient and timely manner, Eve Brown Property Services ask that you carefully read the points listed below.
- It is in your interest to make sure that the property, fixtures, fittings and any furniture contained in the property are left in a hygienically clean and functional condition.
- Failure to do so may result in charges being levied against you.
Required move out standard
Although the condition of the property at move-in will be taken into account, as will a degree of fair wear and tear, the expected standard at move-out is set out below:
- Work surfaces and Units: All work surfaces and kitchen units, including drawers, should be clean and free of grease (inside and out).
- Sinks and Taps: The sinks and taps should be cleaned and made free of limescale
- Cooker and Oven Hoods/ Microwave: The cooker / oven hood should be thoroughly cleaned inside and out (including shelves, glass door, grill pans and oven trays) and made free from grease and marks. The filter in the extractor hood should be replaced if the filter is disposable and cleaned if the filter is permanent. If electric, the power should be switched off. If the cooker is free-standing it should be carefully pulled out and both the sides and the back cleaned. Cleaning of the cooker should be undertaken with an appropriate oven cleaner. The microwave, if applicable, should be thoroughly cleaned inside and out and the power switched off.
- Fridge / Freeze: Fridges should be emptied, cleaned both inside and out and made free of grease and marks. The door should be left open and the power switched off. If the fridge is freestanding it should be carefully pulled out and both sides and back cleaned. Freezers should be emptied, defrosted, thoroughly cleaned inside and out, the door left open and the power switched off. Again, if the freezer is free-standing it should be carefully pulled out and the sides and back cleaned.
- Washing Machine / Dishwasher: The washing machine should be cleaned both inside and out (including the soap dispenser, inside door seal and if applicable, the filter). In addition, if it is freestanding it should be carefully pulled out and both sides and the back cleaned. The door of the washing machine should be left open and the power switched off. The dishwasher, where one exists, should be thoroughly cleaned both inside and out and again, if free-standing, carefully pulled out and both sides and back cleaned.
- All other kitchen appliances (kettles, coffee percolators, toasters etc.): All other kitchen appliances should be thoroughly cleaned (free from marks and grease) and with the electrical power switched off.
- Crockery, Cutlery, Utensils, Glassware, Cookware and other: All crockery, cutlery, utensils, glassware, saucepans and other kitchenware should be thoroughly cleaned and free of dust, marks and grease.
- All furniture in all rooms (including settees, armchairs, wardrobes, coffee tables, dining tables, beds etc) should be free from dust, marks and stains.
- Vacuum Cleaner: All vacuum cleaner bags should be replaced and filters cleaned.
- Light Bulb: All light bulbs should be replaced where necessary.
- Smoke Alarm All smoke alarm batteries should be replaced where necessary.
- All rubbish must be removed from the property and placed in the dustbin provided for collection.
5. Personal Belongings
- All personal belongings must be removed from the property and from the vicinity of the property.
- All keys should be handed into office along with names of tenants whom they belong to.
7. Items on the Property Inventory
- All items on the Inventory must be accounted for and furniture reinstated to its original position. If a copy of the Inventory is required before move out, please contact our office to request a copy.
8. Redirection of Post
- Please remember to redirect your post.